Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Class

I guess I would be lying if I did not admit that I was terrified of this class before it even started. I was not looking forward to studying and reading the bible. However, the first day changed my whole perspective of reading the bible and interpreting it's tedious messages. Dr. Sexon is an amazingly insightful and hilarious teacher. His words are powerful and his sense of humor is laugh out loud funny. I will definitely be taking his classes whenever possible in the future. As for the bible, I feel that we have just (Dr. S told us not to use "just") scratched the surface and I will be spending more time reading through it for the rest of my life. I wish that I would have gotten better at sitting down and blogging my thoughts about every class and what we read. I guess I kind of failed in that department. However, I have made a list of nearly every book which was talked about in class and I plan to read through them. Right now I have started Mules and Men and that book is amazing.

Frye is amazing; his knowledge and wisdom are ridiculously amazing. I plan to keep this book in the back of my head at all times. Gotta go; I will be back later to emphasize some other important aspects of our class that I really liked.

0 comments: