Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Genesis...wow

I am new to the Bible. Even though I grew up next-door to a giantly-oversized christian church. Because of the extreme amount of noise pumping through the blessed walls, our family had no desire to attend.

Upon completion of Genesis, I have come to ponder the kinships that my parents would flock to each week. As I understood kinships were held purposely to evaluate and discuss one book of the bible every week. Lets just say that Genesis must have been a real ice-breaker. After we discuss the gang-rape Bonnie will delight us with her chocolate lava cake.

After we discussed the multiplicity of authors (Which was news to me) in the book of Genesis, I re-read some of the stories I though that were the most interesting.

The story of Joseph was completely different form what I remembered as a child, and I fail to see the lessons imbued upon the Joseph story.

0 comments: